Attention ELIS Users!
Starting at 2:00 P.M. Tuesday, June 30, 2015, ELIS will be under maintenance to allow for ROE consolidation programming changes. The system will be unavailable during that time. It is anticipated that the system will be back on-line by noon on Wednesday July 1, 2015.
The ELIS web site is best viewed with the latest version of Internet Explorer (IE).
Click here to login to your ELIS account.
Click here to perform a credential search of educators in Illinois. For use by institutions of higher education, school districts, or prospective employers to verify credentials of a potential educator candidate or employee. Illinois Educator Identification Number (IEIN) required.
(Effective July 1, 2013: deficiency letters will no longer be printed and mailed, but will be sent electronically to your current email address. Please review and update your current email address by accessing your ELIS Account)
- Overview of the License Renewal Process (Rev. 4/16/15)
- Effective January 1, 2015: The application fee for a Professional Educator License, Educator License with Stipulations, or Substitute License is $100. Out of state fees remain at $150.
- FAQs (Revised frequently)
- Licensure Requirements - Learn what you are eligible to apply for BEFORE making application!
- License Renewal, Reinstatement, Professional Development and Registration Page
- Educator Licensure Home Page