Performance Evaluation Reform Act (PERA)
and Senate Bill 7
Optional Alternative Evaluative Dismissal (OAED) Process
Senate Bill 7 (Public Act 97-8) significantly changed the processes by which a tenured teacher can be dismissed. One of the most substantial modifications is the Optional Alternative Evaluative Dismissal (“OAED”) Process for PERA Evaluations, now codified at 105 ILCS 5/24-16.5. Only PERA-trained board members may participate in the vote to dismiss a teacher through this process.
- Application to Offer Training (ISBE Form 33-05) — Due by May 1, 2016
- Renewal of Approval to Offer Training (ISBE Form 33-05A)— Due by May 1, 2016
- Return completed application to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, May 1, 2016. See instructions within the form for further details.
- See Illinois School Code Section 24-16.5 [105 ILCS 5/24-16-5]
- See Current Rules in Effect:
For all questions related to the OAED Training please email firstname.lastname@example.org.