2016 Illinois Arts Education Week Poster Contest
“There is Magic in the ARTS!”
Call for Entries - Closed Dec. 8, 2015
The third week of March is traditionally designated Illinois Arts Education Week by the governor of Illinois. In cooperation with the Illinois Art Education Association (IAEA) and the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), the next Illinois Arts Education Week will be March 14-20, 2016. The poster contest reinforces the importance of the arts in the growth and development of all students. The contest winner’s artwork will be featured on a poster that is sent to all public and private schools in Illinois. The winner will also be recognized at an Illinois State Board of Education board meeting. The top three winners will be recognized at the 2016 IAEA fall conference in November 2016 in Normal.
The poster artwork entries must meet the following criteria:
- The contest alternates grade levels every other year. The 2016 contest is only for students in grades K-8. Public, private, and home school students are eligible to enter.
- All 2-D media will be accepted. However, only prints will be considered for digital and photographic work.
- All art must be the student's original work.
- No limit on colors used or number of entries per school.
- 11”x17” or smaller.
- Students must include name, age, grade, art teacher, school, district, and city on the back of the entry, and attach completed Authorization Form.
- Must include the form, completely filled out, from the link on this page.
- All submissions must be centered around the theme “There is Magic in the Arts!”
- Must include a brief statement by the student about the artwork’s connection to the theme.
ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN DEC. 8, 2015.