2014 Illinois Arts Education Week Poster Contest
“Art is Everywhere!”
The third week of March is traditionally designated Illinois Arts Education Week by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn in cooperation with the Illinois Alliance for Arts Education (IAAE) and the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
The next Illinois Arts Education Week will be March 17-23, 2014.
This poster contest reinforces the importance of the arts in the growth and development of all students. Each year an Illinois student’s artwork is featured on the Illinois Arts Education Week poster which is sent to all public and private schools in Illinois. This contest focuses on different grade levels (K-8 and 9-12) in alternating years. The 2014 contest is for grades K-8.
The winner will be recognized at the Annual IAAE Awards Ceremony and by the Illinois State Board of Education.
The 2014 Illinois Arts Education Week poster artwork entries must meet the following criteria:
- Artist must be an Illinois student, grade K-8, public/private/home schooled (2015 will be grades 9-12)
- Reflect this year’s theme “
Art is Everywhere!”
- The imagery should reflect the theme plus represent all four art areas (dance, drama, music and visual arts).
- Text not necessary as title/ theme will be professionally typeset.
- Any 2-D media accepted. However, for photography and/or electronically created images submit only a printed version for judging.
- All art must be the student's original work, not taken from another source
- No limit on colors used or number of entries per school
- Please submit hard copy (the actual artwork or prints) to address below
- 11”x17” or smaller artwork preferred.
- On the back of entry, the student should include name, age, grade, art teacher, school and district, city, and completed Authorization Form.
- Authorization Form must be signed and dated by parent/guardian and student. It should be attached to back of each entry.
- Students should write a brief statement of how the theme relates to their entry on the back of their artwork.
- Text will be professionally typeset.
- If the artwork is abstract please mark the TOP with an “X” on the back.
- Entries must be postmarked by Wednesday, December 4, 2013*
- There is no limit on number of entries per school; however, only one entry per student will be accepted.
- Please place the number of entries in the upper right hand corner of pre-addressed label/card.
- Enclose a separate page that includes your name, principal's name, plus e-mail addresses, school name, address, district number and phone number or other contact information.
- Complete Entry Rules and Authorization Form
*Please send or deliver entries to:
Illinois State Board of Education
College and Career Readiness, N-242
100 North First Street
Springfield, Illinois 62777-0001
Any questions please call 217/524-4832 (ISBE) or e-mail Cornelia Powell: email@example.com