2017 Illinois Arts Education Week Poster Contest
“Art Knows No Boundaries!”
Call for Entries!
The third week of March is traditionally designated Illinois Arts Education Week by the governor of Illinois. In cooperation with the Illinois Art Education Association (IAEA) and the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), the next Illinois Arts Education Week will be March 13-19, 2017. The poster contest reinforces the importance of the arts in the growth and development of all students. The contest winner’s artwork will be featured on a poster that is sent to all public and private schools in Illinois. The winner will also be recognized at an Illinois State Board of Education board meeting. The poster winner plus second and third place winners will be recognized at the IAEA fall conference in 2017.
The poster artwork entries must meet the following criteria:
- The contest alternates grade levels every other year. The 2017 contest is only for Illinois students in grades 9-12. Public, private, and home school students are eligible to enter.
- Any 2-D media will be accepted. However, only prints will be considered for digital and photographic work.
- All art must be the student's original work.
- No limit on colors used or number of entries per school.
- Submt the actual artwork or prints sized 11”x17” or smaller.
- Students must include name, age, grade, art teacher, school, district, and city on the back of the entry, and attach completed Authorization Form.
- Must include the Authorization Form, completely filled out.
- All submissions must be centered around the theme “Art Knows No Boundaries!”
- Must include a brief statement by the student about the artwork’s connection to the theme.