2015 Illinois Arts Education Week Poster Contest
'Art is Timeless!'
Call for Entries!
The third week of March is traditionally designated Illinois Arts Education Week by Gov. Pat Quinn. In cooperation with the Illinois Art Education Association (IAEA) and the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), the next Illinois Arts Education Week will be March 16-22, 2015. The poster contest reinforces the importance of the arts in the growth and development of all students. The poster contest winner‘s artwork will be featured on a poster that is sent to all public and private schools in Illinois. The winner will also be recognized at the Illinois State Board of Education board meeting.
The poster artwork entries must meet the following criteria:
- The 2015 contest is only for Illinois students, grades 9-12, public/private/home schooled. This contest focuses on different grade levels on alternating years. The 2016 contest will be for students, grades K-8, public/private/home schooled.
- Any 2-D media will be accepted. However, for photography and/or electronically created images submit only a printed version for judging.
- All art must be the student's original work, not taken from another source.
- No limit on colors used or number of entries per school.
- Please submit hard copy (the actual artwork or prints) to address provided.
- 11”x17” or smaller artwork preferred.
- Students must include name, age, grade, art teacher, school, district, and city on the back of the entry, and attach completed Authorization Form.
- Theme for this year is “Art is Timeless!” The imagery should reflect the theme plus represent all four art areas (dance, drama, music and visual arts). Text is not necessary as the title/theme will be professionally typeset.
- Students should write a brief statement of how the theme relates to their entry on the back of their artwork.
- If the artwork is abstract, please mark the top with an “X” on the back.
ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN DEC. 2, 2014.