Dynamic Learning Maps Alternate Assessment (DLM-AA)
The Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) project is guided by the core belief that all students should have access to challenging grade-level content. The new DLM alternate assessment system will let students with significant cognitive disabilities show what they know in ways that traditional multiple-choice tests cannot.
The DLM system is designed to map a student’s learning throughout the year. The system will use items and tasks that are embedded in day-to-day instruction that are aligned to the common core standards. In this way, testing happens as part of instruction, which both informs teaching and benefits students. An end of the year assessment will be created for states that want to include a summative test in addition to the instructionally embedded system.
For more information, please visit the Illinois DLM website at http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/illinois.
Dynamic Learning Maps Alternate Assessment (DLM-AA) Testing Window for 2014-15 School YearBeginning in 2014-15, the DLM-AA will replace the Illinois Alternate Assessment (IAA). The DLM-AA is an adaptive computer-based assessment for students with the most significant cognitive disabilities. The assessment is aligned to the Common Core Essential Elements in English language arts and mathematics. The testing window for the 2014-15 DLM-AA is from March 23 – May 1. This six-week window allows district and school flexibility to create their own testing schedule within the test window based on their technology capabilities and school calendars.
Pre-ID File Notice (10/24/14)
DLM Year-End Test Window ExtendedThe DLM Year-End test window has been extended one week earlier and one week later making the test window March 16 through May 8, 2015. This extension provides districts flexibility if spring break falls within the previously scheduled test window. Modifying the test window does not require any special request or notification to ISBE.
Resources and Documents (2/11/15)
For additional resources including manuals for coordinators and teachers, technical requirements of the KITE system, and ongoing DLM updates please visit the Illinois DLM website at http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/illinois
- Who May Administer the DLM-AA
- Essential Elements in English Language Arts
- Essential Elements in Mathematics
- DLM Newsletter
Presentations and Webinars
- Webinar: Understanding the Changes with Assessments and the IEP - October 16, 2014 (14:42)
- Introduction for Test Coordinators to the Assessment Data Systems for PARCC and DLM - September 19, 2014 (55:00)
- Getting Ready for the Dynamic Learning Maps Alternate Assessment System for the 2014-15 School Year - September 15, 2014 (20:27)
- Loading DLM Users in Educator Portal (For District Leaders Only) Webinar - September 8, 2014 (7:36)
- Kick-Off the School Year with the DLM Alternate Assessment System Webinar - August 22, 2014 (9:45)
- Special Education Directors' Conference Handouts (8/14)
- The Common Core State Standards: An overview for teachers of students with the most significant cognitive disabilities webinar - October 28, 2013 (13:43)