Dynamic Learning Maps Alternate Assessment (DLM-AA)
The Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) project is guided by the core belief that all students should have access to challenging grade-level content. The new DLM alternate assessment system will let students with significant cognitive disabilities show what they know in ways that traditional multiple-choice tests cannot.
The DLM system is designed to map a student’s learning throughout the year. The system will use items and tasks that are embedded in day-to-day instruction that are aligned to the common core standards. In this way, testing happens as part of instruction, which both informs teaching and benefits students. An end of the year assessment will be created for states that want to include a summative test in addition to the instructionally embedded system.
For more information, please visit the Illinois DLM website at http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/illinois.
- SY14-15 Request for Exception to the 1% Cap (3/19/15)
- 2015 DLM Communication Plan (3/16/15)
- 2015 DLM Assessment resources posted(3/13/15)
- DLM Test Window Updated
The DLM Test Window opens Monday, March 16 and goes through Friday, May 8. This 8-week window is available for all districts in Illinois.
- Upcoming Webinars
- The DLM Update Newsletter: February 11, 2015
- Pre-ID File Notice (10/24/14)
Resources and Documents (3/13/15)
For additional resources including manuals for coordinators and teachers, technical requirements of the KITE system, and ongoing DLM updates please visit the Illinois DLM website at http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/illinois
- Frequency of Testlet Delivery During Spring 2015 Testing
- How to Monitor DLM Spring 2015 Test Administration
- Human Read Aloud Support for Spring 2015
- Retrieve Testlet Information Page (TIP) for Spring 2015
- Who May Administer the DLM-AA
- Essential Elements in English Language Arts
- Essential Elements in Mathematics
- DLM Newsletter
Presentations and Webinars
- Webinar: Understanding the Changes with Assessments and the IEP - October 16, 2014 (14:42)
- Introduction for Test Coordinators to the Assessment Data Systems for PARCC and DLM - September 19, 2014 (55:00)
- Getting Ready for the Dynamic Learning Maps Alternate Assessment System for the 2014-15 School Year - September 15, 2014 (20:27)
- Loading DLM Users in Educator Portal (For District Leaders Only) Webinar - September 8, 2014 (7:36)
- Kick-Off the School Year with the DLM Alternate Assessment System Webinar - August 22, 2014 (9:45)
- Special Education Directors' Conference Handouts (8/14)
- The Common Core State Standards: An overview for teachers of students with the most significant cognitive disabilities webinar - October 28, 2013 (13:43)