Dynamic Learning Maps Alternate Assessment (DLM-AA)
The Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) project is guided by the core belief that all students should have access to challenging grade-level content. The new DLM alternate assessment system will let students with significant cognitive disabilities show what they know in ways that traditional multiple-choice tests cannot.
The DLM system is designed to map a student’s learning throughout the year. The system will use items and tasks that are embedded in day-to-day instruction that are aligned to the common core standards. In this way, testing happens as part of instruction, which both informs teaching and benefits students. An end of the year assessment will be created for states that want to include a summative test in addition to the instructionally embedded system.
- 2015-16 DLM-AA Testing Window (4/16)
The testing window for the 2015-16 DLM-AA is from March 21 - May 13, 2016 (extended to May 20, 2016). This window allows district and school flexibility to create their own testing schedule within the test window based on their technology capabilities, school calendars, and student needs. For more information on the DLM-AA, visit http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/illinois
- DLM-AA Assessment Correction (Participation and Score) Review Procedures (5/23/16)
- Reason for No Valid Test Attempt (RNVTA)
RNVTA must be entered in the SIS Correction Report after a school’s DLM-AA test window has ended.
- Illinois Assessment Update Webinars
Resources and Documents (2/5/16)
For additional resources including manuals for coordinators and teachers, technical requirements of the KITE system, and ongoing DLM updates please visit the Illinois DLM website at http://dynamiclearningmaps.org/illinois
- Accessibility Manual for the DLM Alternate Assessment 2015-16 (for Test Administrators and District Test Coordinators)
- Assessment Coordinator Manual 2015-16 (for District Test Coordinators)
- Data Steward Manual 2015-16
- Facilitator Guide for Required Test Administrator Training 2015-16 (for District Test Coordinators)
- Frequency of Testlet Delivery During Spring Testing – Coming Soon!
- Guide to DLM Required Test Administrator Training 2015-16 (for Test Administrators)
- How to Monitor DLM Spring Test Administration – Coming Soon!
- Human Read Aloud Support for Spring – Coming Soon!
- Interpretive Guides
Presentations and Webinars
- DLM Open Office Hours PowerPoint Presentation (3/26/15)
- Webinar: Understanding the Changes with Assessments and the IEP - October 16, 2014 (14:42)
- Introduction for Test Coordinators to the Assessment Data Systems for PARCC and DLM - September 19, 2014 (55:00)
- Getting Ready for the Dynamic Learning Maps Alternate Assessment System for the 2014-15 School Year - September 15, 2014 (20:27)
- Loading DLM Users in Educator Portal (For District Leaders Only) Webinar - September 8, 2014 (7:36)
- Kick-Off the School Year with the DLM Alternate Assessment System Webinar - August 22, 2014 (9:45)
- Special Education Directors' Conference Handouts (8/14)
- The Common Core State Standards: An overview for teachers of students with the most significant cognitive disabilities webinar - October 28, 2013 (13:43)