February 7, 2011
Snow Days and the 2011 ACCESS Test Windows
Because this school year has been particularly bad regarding the use of snow days, the Illinois State Board of Education is allowing districts and other facilities that administer ACCESS for
ELLs ® to adopt the revised testing and shipping schedule below.
Original Regular Window: January 10 – February 11
Revised Regular Window: January 10 – February 18
Ship materials to MetriTech by – February 23
WAIVER 1 WINDOW
Original Waiver 1 Window: January 17 – February 18
Revised Waiver 1 Window: January 17 – February 25
Ship materials to MetriTech by – March 1
WAIVER 2 WINDOW
Original Waiver 2 Window: January 24 – February 25
Revised Waiver 2 Window: January 24 – March 04
Ship materials to MetriTech by – March 08
Points of clarification:
This new test schedule affects ONLY ACCESS for ELLs.®
- You may choose to test in your original window and NOT follow the revised schedule as listed above.
- You do NOT have to notify ISBE or MetriTech if you decide to adopt the revised window.
- The test window during which you are scheduled to test (regular, waiver 1, or waiver 2) cannot be changed at this point.
- All districts and facilities that administer the ACCESS may participate in this new test schedule. You do NOT need to have taken a certain number of snow days to qualify.
- The “Ship materials to MetriTech” date (above) is the date by which the materials should be picked up from your district (or CPS school) by a parcel carrier or shipping company. It is NOT the date by which the materials need to arrive at MetriTech.
- If you have any questions, please call 217-782-4823.