PARCC - Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is the state assessment and accountability measure for Illinois students enrolled in a public school district. PARCC assesses the New Illinois Learning Standards Incorporating the Common Core and will be administered to students in English Language Arts and mathematics.
PARCC assessments in English Language Arts and mathematics will be administered to all students in grades 3-8, according to their current grade level and at high school according to course enrollment.
For more information, please visit www.parcconline.org.
- PARCC TLC Video Series (8/19/15)
- PARCC Performance Level Setting Process
PARCC Test Design Changes Slated for SY16In response to feedback from teachers, students, and parents, the new Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assessment will return next year with a shorter, simpler format to improve the testing process while ensuring reliable results.
PARCC 2015-16 Information (8/7/15)
- Illinois Educator Leader Cadre (ELC)
- PARCC 2015-16 Hot Topics (Fact Sheets, FAQs etc)
- PARCC Communication Plan (1/29/15)
- Standards and Assessment Readiness Document for School Leaders (9/14)
- PARCC Fall Block 2015 Information (8/13/15)
- PearsonAccess Next User Account Maintenance (8/13/15)
- PARCC Manuals
To assist with making this possible, ISBE has removed the grade 11 programming in SIS to allow students who have not previously taken the PSAE to be eligible as grade 12. Rule making on the diploma requirement and State assessments is forthcoming.
- The Illinois Educator Leader Cadre (ELC) is a network of educators who
assist the state board staff in building awareness and understanding of the
Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and the PARCC assessments. This group of
professionals was chosen through an application process as part of the
services offered by the PARCC consortium. Over the last two years members have received additional training on the CCSS and PARCC.
The ELC members are working together to build understanding through
newsletters, workshops and presentations. These educators have presented
both locally and statewide.
To find an ELC member in your region, please download the statewide map below.
- Illinois PARCC 2015-16 Hot Topics (Fact Sheets, FAQs etc)
- PARCC Technology Options (7/29/15)
- Letter from State Superintendent Koch to Parents/Guardians regarding PARCC Assessment (March 2015)
- National Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
School districts looking for word-to-word bilingual dictionaries for their EL students to use during PARCC testing are referred to a list created by the state of Massachusetts. This list is offered as a resource. Schools and districts may select any word-to-word dictionaries that are not listed provided they meet the following criteria:
This chart provides a visual representation of the standards assigned to each course of the Traditional mathematics pathway and the Integrated mathematics pathway. PARCC emphasis coding categorizes the major content, supporting content, and additional content for each course and allows for comparison of standards across the two pathways.
This document provides a quick glance at the Traditional Course Sequence (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2) and the Integrated Course Sequence (Math I, Math II, and Math III) by listing the cluster headings for the standards assigned to each course of each mathematics pathway
- Assessment Update Webinar- Updated frequently
- Balanced Assessment Presentations and Webinars (5/15)
- Take the Test Webinar for Media – Feb. 25, 2015(51:02 Vimeo)
- Webinar: PARCC Test Administrator Walkthrough – Feb. 10, 2015(53:34) (The webinar is also available on Vimeo at https://vimeo.com/119390988.)
NOTE: If you experience difficulties viewing videos please refer to our Video Tips document.
Learn about the new PARCC assessments in this series of short videos featuring interviews with ISBE Director of Assessment Mary O’Brian, Illinois PARCC Coordinator Dan Long, Mathematics and English Language Learning Content Specialists, and other experts.
Questions about Assessments?
If you are interested in receiving direct information from ISBE’s Student Assessment Division, please subscribe to one or both of our listservs: