PARCC - Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is the new state assessment and accountability measure for Illinois students enrolled in a public school district. PARCC assesses the New Illinois Learning Standards Incorporating the Common Core and will be administered to students in English Language Arts and mathematics.
PARCC assessments in English Language Arts and mathematics will be administered to all students in grades 3-8, according to their current grade level. At the high school level, students enrolled in English III will be assessed in English Language Arts, students enrolled in Algebra II / Math III will be assessed in mathematics, and students enrolled in both English III and Algebra II / Math III will be assessed in English Language Arts and mathematics, regardless of grade level.
For more information, please visit www.parcconline.org.
PARCC 2014-15 Information and Announcements:
Illinois Educator Leader Cadre (ELC)
- Guidance for PNP Process for PARCC Testing (Rev. 8/28/14)
- High School Mathematics Standards with PARCC Emphasis Coding
This chart provides a visual representation of the standards assigned to each course of the Traditional mathematics pathway and the Integrated mathematics pathway. PARCC emphasis coding categorizes the major content, supporting content, and additional content for each course and allows for comparison of standards across the two pathways.
- Illinois High School Course Clusters
This document provides a quick glance at the Traditional Course Sequence (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2) and the Integrated Course Sequence (Math I, Math II, and Math III) by listing the cluster headings for the standards assigned to each course of each mathematics pathway
- PARCC 2015 Hot Topics(8/14)
- PARCC Website and Resource Guide
- PARCC Fact Sheet Word Version
- PARCC FAQs Word Version
- PARCC Calculator Policy (7/12)
- PARCC Data Privacy and Security Policy (12/13)
- Parent Guide to New Assessment in Illinois
- PARCC Archive Page
- Webinar: I-TRAx (Illinois Technology Readiness Tool) – Statewide Rollout - August 25, 2014 (01:19:00)
- Presentations: 2014 Special Education Directors' Conference (8/14)
- Balanced Assessment Presentations and Webinars
- Presentation: A New Vision of Assessment: Texts Worth Reading, Problems Worth Solving, Tests Worth Taking (4/14)
- Webinar: A Look Into PARCC Sample Items - February 18, 2014 (48:20)
- Webinar: Accessibility and accommodations for the PARCC assessment - November 26, 2013 (38:00)
- Webinar: PARCC Model Content Frameworks
- PARCC Video Series
Learn about the new PARCC assessments in this series of short videos featuring interviews with ISBE Director of Assessment Mary O’Brian, Illinois PARCC Coordinator Dan Long, Mathematics and English Language Learning Content Specialists, and other experts.
- PARCC Webinars/Presentations Archives
NOTE: If you experience difficulties viewing videos please refer to our Video Tips document.
Questions about Assessments?
If you are interested in receiving direct information from ISBE’s Student Assessment Division, please subscribe to one or both of our listservs: