English Language Learning
The Division provides leadership, advocacy and support to districts, policymakers and citizens by promoting equitable access to language support services for students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds who have been identified as English Language Learners. These services will assist them to become lifelong learners, able to contribute to and function in a multicultural and globally competitive world.
- 2013-2014 Program Monitoring and Compliance Documents Posted!
- Assessing English Language Learners
- English Learner Proficiency Definition Modification - 06/27/2013
- Grant Resources - FY15 District Consortium Member Agreement Posted! (11/14/13)
- Key Dates for School Year 2013-14 (7/17/13)
- Migrant Education Program
- Student Registration and Enrollment Guidance - Residency, Immigrant Pupils, Homeless Pupils and School Fees and Waivers
- Training Opportunities - Preschool ELLs (October 2013 - January 2014)
- Visiting Teachers from Spain Program - 2014-2015
- W-APT Literacy and Oral Composite Proficiency Levels (CLPs) Updates
Additional Contact Information
If you have further questions about English Language Learning services in the State of Illinois, please feel free to contact the English Language Learning Division at 312-814-3850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Division Administrator: David González Nieto, English Language Learning