English Language Learning
Below is a listing of previous e-broadcasts to local school districts from the Illinois State Board of Education from February 2003 to December 2003.
- December 31, 2003 - State Laws Governing ELL Programs and the Rights of Immigrant Students
- December 19, 2003 - Title III Programs: Information for Collecting Data and Completing Grant Reports
- November 25, 2003 - Draft of English Lanugage Proficiency Standards to be Available at the December Conference Session; ISBE Seeks Assessment Consultant with Expertise in Assessment and LEP students.
- October 30, 2003 - Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA) December 2003 Summit, English Language Proficiency Standards.
- October 15, 2003 - Revised Immigrant Education Program Data Collection Form & Cover Letter, Be Real: Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program
- September 15, 2003 - contains information specifically targeted for program directors/coordinators serving ELL students and a Colorado website for parents.
- September 10, 2003 - Rules and Regulations for Serving ELL Students, Professional Development Opportunities, Announcement for New ELL Program Directors, Notice of NCLB Hearing, Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA) Conference Announcement, Home Language Surveys, Residency and Student Enrollment, NCLB Parent Notification Letters, NCLB Homework Tips for Parents in English and Spanish.
- August 14, 2003 - English Language Proficiency Data Collection, Reminders of Title III Applications Due August 29, and Preliminary Allocations.
- August 7, 2003: Title III Carryover Procedures, Data Collection Form for Noting ELL Student Progress, Student Enrollment & Student Rights' (Re-publication of ISBE Supt. Bulletin), Education on The Web, Scientific Based Evidence, Illinois Governor and Higher Education for Immigrant Students, and Web Feedback
- July 7, 2003 Language Instruction Programs for Limited English Proficient Student Grant Applications and Annual Student Report
- June 26, 2003 Transitional Bilingual Education and Transitional Program of Instruction State Grant Application Deadlines: A Reminder
- June 17, 2003 FY03 Budget Amendment Process | ISBE Board Action on Highly Qualified Teachers | Chicago Sun Times Article on Bilingual Teachers
- May 27, 2003 Reminders: Pending Budget Amendment Deadline & TBE/TPI Applications
- April 28, 2003 Transitional Bilingual Education and Transitional Program of Instruction Application Announcement, NCLB Parent Notification Letters, K1 Testing, NCLB, and ELL Students, Title III Data Collection Survey, Collecting Data: A Workshop Announcement for School School Administrators
- April 21, 2003 Refugee Children: Teacher Materials
- March 25, 2003 Status update on the availability of TBE/TPI/Title III Applications
- February 24, 2003 Explaining the Scoring Rubric of the IMAGE Test: A Workshop Announcement for Teachers
- February 21, 2003 Sample Test Items for the MATH Portion of the IMAGE Test
- February 19, 2003 Pace of the Illinois General Assembly, State Supt. Schiller & Chair Gidwitz Testimony to the Illinois State Senate Committee on Education