ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
State Board of Education Meeting
via video conference
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
ISBE Video Conference Room, James R. Thompson Center
14th Floor, 100 W. Randolph, Chicago, IL
ISBE Video Conference Room, 3rd Floor
100 N. First Street, Springfield, IL
This meeting will also be audio cast on the Internet at: www.isbe.net
- Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance
- Consideration of and Possible Actions on Any Requests for Participation in Meeting by Other Means
- Public Participation 10:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Resolutions & Recognition
- Resolution in Remembrance of Robert E. Abbott (p. 3)
- Superintendent’s Report
*Consent Agenda 11:00 - 11:20 a.m.
All action consideration items listed with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted in one motion and vote. Any board member who wishes separate discussion on any item listed on the consent agenda may remove that item from the consent agenda, in which event, the item will be considered in its normal sequence.
- *Approval of Minutes
- Plenary Session, June 2010 (pp. 4-14)
- Ad Hoc Rules Committee of the Whole, June 2010 (pp. 15-18)
- Board Operations Committee of the Whole, June 2010 (pp. 19-20)
- Education Policy Planning Committee of the Whole, June 2010 (pp. 21-22)
- Finance & Audit Committee of the Whole, June 2010 (pp. 23-25)
- Governmental Relations Committee of the Whole, June 2010 (pp. 26-28)
- *Rules for Initial Review
- Part 1 (Public Schools Evaluation, Recognition and Supervision) (pp. 29-58)
- Part 365 (Children's Low-Cost Laptop Program) (pp. 59-69)
- *Rules for Adoption
- Part 25 (Certification) (pp. 69-88)
- Part 365 Emergency (Children's Low-Cost Laptop Program) (same as pp. 59-69)
- *Qualified Zone Academy Bond (QZAB) Authorization(s) (pp. 89-94)
- *Teacher Certification Board Appointments (pp. 95-97)
- *Acceptance of the A-133 Statewide Single Audit Report (pp. 98-167)
- *Grant Exceeding $1 Million: Parkland College for the Provision of the Facilitating the Coordination of Agricultural Education (FCAE) Grant (pp. 168-171)
- NASBE Election/IL Voting Delegate (pp. 172-187) **11:20 – 11:21 a.m.
- Arlington Heights S.D. 25 Request for Waiver of Transitional Bilingual Education Rules (pp. 18-190) **11:21 – 11:25 a.m.
Authorization for Intergovernmental Agreement with Governor’s Office (p. 191) **11:25 – 11:27 a.m.
Regarding FY11 Discretionary Dollars
- North Chicago S.D. 187 (pp. 192-200) **11:27 – 11:55 a.m.
- Announcements and Reports **11:55 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Superintendent’s/Senior Staff Announcements **11:55 a.m. – 12:10 p.m.
- FY 2011 Budget Update (pp. 201-207)
- Chairman’s Report 12:10 – 12:20 p.m.
- Member Reports 12:20 – 12:30 p.m.
All State Board of Education meetings listed on this agenda will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than the date prior to the meeting. Contact the Superintendent's office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
NOTE: Chairman Ruiz may call for a break in the meeting as necessary in order for the Board to go into closed session.