ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
State Board of Education Meeting
via video conference
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
East St. Louis District #189 Oversight
FY 2012 Budget Presentation
Office of the Capital Development Board (CDB) Video Conference Room
100 W. Randolph Street, Room 14-612, Chicago, Illinois
ISBE Video Conference Room, 3rd Floor
100 N. First Street, Springfield, IL
This meeting will also be audio cast on the Internet at: www.isbe.net
- Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance (Times are estimated and are for planning purposes only)
- Consideration of and Possible Actions on Any Requests for Participation in Meeting by Other Means
- Resolutions & Recognition
- David Elson, Superintendent, Alton Community Unit School District #11(p. 3)
- Public Participation 10:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Superintendent’s Report - Consent Agenda 11:00 – 11:15 a.m.
All action consideration items listed with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted in one motion and vote. Any board member who wishes separate discussion on any item listed on the consent agenda may remove that item from the consent agenda, in which event, the item will be considered in its normal sequence.
- *Approval of Minutes:
- Plenary Minutes: March 17, 2011 (pp. 4-9)
- Education Policy Planning Committee of the Whole: March 16, 2011 (pp. 10-11)
- Board Operations Committee of the Whole: March 16, 2011 (p. 12)
- Finance & Audit Committee of the Whole: March 16, 2011 (pp. 13-14)
- Ad Hoc Rules Committee of the Whole: March 17, 2011 (pp. 15-17)
- Governmental Relations Committee of the Whole: March 17, 2011 (pp. 18-21)
- *Rules for Adoption
- Part 226 (Special Education) (pp. 22-50)
- * Grants Over $1 Million
- RFP for Support and Technical Assistance Regional Network (STAR NET) Grant (pp. 51-54)
- *Contracts and Grants Over $1 Million
- Gateways to Opportunity Scholarship Program – Illinois Department of Human Services (pp. 55-56)
Intergovernmental Agreement (Kay Henderson)
- Evaluation of the Early Childhood Systems – Erikson Institute Contract (pp. 57-58)
- RFSP for ELL Professional Development Contract (Robin Lisboa) (pp. 59-61)
- RFSP for Redesign of the ISBE Teacher Certification Information System (TCIS) (pp. 62-63)
and Teacher Service Record (TSR) (Gayle Johnson, Linda Jamali, Patrick Murphy)
- Principal Mentoring – Illinois Principals Association Contract (Patrick Murphy) (pp. 64-65)
- *Approval of 2011 Board Calendar Revision (pp. 66-67)
- *Alzina Building Lease (pp. 68-70)
End of Consent Agenda
- FY12 Budget (as needed) 11:15 - 11:45 a.m.
- East St. Louis School District 189 Oversight 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Discussion Items
- Legislative Update (Nicole Wills, Cynthia Riseman, Darren Reisberg) (pp. 71-104) 12:15 – 12:45 p.m.
- Other Items for Discussion
- ISBE Fiscal & Administrative Monthly Reports (available online at http://isbe.net/board/fiscal_admin_rep.htm)
- Announcements 12:45 – 1:15 p.m.
- IBHE Liaison Report (Dr. Proshanta Nandi – unable to attend)
- P-20 Council Liaison Report (Joyce Karon - no report this month)
- Superintendent’s/Senior Staff Announcements 12:45 – 12:55 p.m.
- Chairman’s Report 12:55 – 1:05 p.m.
- Member Reports 1:05 – 1:15 p.m.
This meeting will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than the date prior to the meeting. Contact the Superintendent's office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
NOTE: Chairman Ruiz may call for a break in the meeting as necessary in order for the Board to go into closed session.