ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
State Board of Education Meeting
via video conference
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
View Packet (Updated 2/19/14)
ISBE Video Conference Room, James R. Thompson Center
14th Floor, 100 W. Randolph St., Chicago
ISBE Video Conference Room, 3rd Floor
100 N. First St., Springfield
This meeting will also be audio cast on the Internet at: www.isbe.net
- Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance
- Consideration of and Possible Actions on Any Requests for Participation in Meeting by Other Means
- Public Participation
- Presentations and Updates
- Making Assessments Work: Supporting Teaching and Learning in the Common Core Era – Advance Illinois
- Teacher Performance Assessment – edTPA
- Closed Session (as needed)
- *Superintendent's Report – Consent Agenda
All action consideration items listed with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted in one motion and vote. Any board member who wishes separate discussion on any item listed on the consent agenda may remove that item from the consent agenda, in which event, the item will be considered in its normal sequence.
- *Approval of Minutes:
- Plenary Minutes: January 22-23, 2014
- *Rules for Initial Review
- *Rules for Adoption
- Part 227 (Gifted Education): Addresses technical changes to update terminology from "certification" to "licensure" and updates an incorporation of standards to reflect the most current available. Two comments received, and a change is recommended in response to the comments.
- Part 232 (Summer Bridges Program): Addresses technical changes to update terminology from "certification" to "licensure". No public comment was received.
- Part 240 (Alternative Learning Opportunities Program): Addresses technical changes to update terminology from "certification" to "licensure" and responds to legislation regarding the placement of certain suspended and expelled students in programs. No public comment was received.
- Part 265 (Grants for Arts Education and for Foreign Language Education): Addresses technical changes to update terminology from "certification" to "licensure". No public comment was received.
- *Contracts and Grants Over $1 Million
- Request to Award Contract: edTPA Sole Source
- Approval of Intergovernmental Agreement: The Gateways to Opportunity Scholarship Program
- Approval of Intergovernmental Agreement: Illinois Department of Human Services FY 2014
- Request for RFSP: QRIS Validation and Child Outcomes Study
- Approval of Intergovernmental Agreement: Summer Food Program Service
- *Targeted Initiatives Grants
- Request to Award Grant: Austin Childcare Providers Network
- Request to Award Grant: Chicago Public Schools District 299 for Spencer Technology Academy
- *Spring 2014 Waiver Report
- *FY13 Financial Audit Report
End of Consent Agenda
- Discussion Items .
- District Oversight – Monthly Update
- E-rate and Technology Funding Update
- Legislative Update
- Other items for discussion
- Announcements and reports
- Superintendent's/Senior Staff Announcements
- Chairman's Report
- Member Reports
- Information items
- ISBE Fiscal & Administrative Monthly Reports (available online at http://isbe.net/board/fiscal_admin_rep.htm)
This meeting will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than the date prior to the meeting. Contact the Superintendent's office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
NOTE: Chairman Chico may call for a break in the meeting as necessary in order for the Board to go into closed session.