College and Career Readiness
CTE Areas -
Business, Marketing, and Computer Education
Contact: Karen Drage at email@example.com
A matrix has been developed to provide a quick glance of the appropriate sequence of courses for approved programs. This matrix is only a guide to aid in the development of approved Business, Marketing, and Computer Education programs therefore not all approved courses are listed. If you have any questions please contact Karen Drage.
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping–CIP 52.0302
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General–CIP 52.0401
- Business and Personal/Financial Services Marketing Operations–CIP 52.1908
- Computer Programming, Specific Applications–CIP 11.0202
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications–CIP 11.0901
- Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies–CIP 52.0701 (Entrepreneurship)
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing Operations, General–CIP 52.1801
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design–CIP 11.0801
10008A001 Maximum .5 CUs
This foundation-level course prepares students to use technology in a proficient and proper manner in school, in the workforce, and in everyday life. The course contains the skills for working in an Internet or networked environment and the knowledge of what it means to be a good digital citizen and how to use technology responsibly.
Topics include the benefits and risks of sharing information online, and understanding of the possible consequences of inappropriate sharing (oversharing). Students explore the legal and ethical dimensions of respecting creative work. Topics such as copyright, plagiarism, fair use, and the rights students have as creators will be an integral part of this course.
Technology use is a vital employability skill for entry-level and upper-level management positions. Students may be provided with the opportunity to seek industry-recognized digital literacy certifications.
- Here are some possible resources to get you started teaching Digital Literacy and Responsibility
Foundation Level Courses