Illinois Mathematics and Science Partnerships Program
Title II, Part B, Sections 2201-2203, of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB) authorizes the Illinois Mathematics and Science Partnerships (MSP) program as a means to improve teacher quality in these curricular areas. The intent of the program is to increase the academic achievement of students in mathematics and science by enhancing the content knowledge and teaching skills of classroom teachers.
To view the current IMSP projects, click on http://www.ed-msp.net/. Click on the State MSP Projects link on the left side of the page and select Illinois in the drop down menu.
- Effective February 27, 2014, the Illinois State Board of Education promulgated a rulemaking incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). The NGSS will replace the existing Illinois Learning Standards – Science (ILS-Science). The NGSS will be referred to as the new Illinois Learning Standards – Science (nILS-Science) and can be viewed at 23 Illinois Administrative Code 1 Appendix D.
- ISBE Science Integrated Curriculum Project: The Illinois State Board of Education is seeking applications from interested 6-12 science teachers to participate in writing NGSS aligned curriculum. Detailed information is available at the ISBE Science Curriculum Writing Letter PDF link below. Eligible applicants need to complete the application linked below as well as submit required documents described in the application PDF.
- FY 2015 Request for Proposals (RFP) - Closed November 3, 2014
Educational research indicates that the effective use of the formative assessment process will have a positive impact on student achievement. Further, research indicates that the largest gains take place with struggling students thus improving student achievement and helping to reduce the performance gap. Effective Formative Assessment for Students and Teachers (EFAST) will provide on-line professional development that delivers focused instruction and support within a virtual professional learning community. This research-based program will offer classroom teachers an opportunity to enhance their level of effectiveness for improving student achievement and for increasing student motivation for learning.
EFAST Launch Materials:
- IMSP Benefits Worksheet Sample
- IMSP WIP 4 Project Directors Meeting Webinar
- IMSP 2009-2010 Evaluation Report
- IMSP Evaluation Framework – CCSSO PD Outcomes
- Illinois Mathematics and Science Partnership Partnership Program Needs Assessment 2010
- IMSP Evaluation Framework
- MSP Annual Performance Report (APR) Framework
- Special Research Projects from and for the Illinois Mathematics and Science Partnerships