Early Childhood Education
- Birth to Three accountability updates(1/27/16)
- ExceleRate Illinois
- Homeless Education Common Form posted in Spanish(1/16)
- Illinois Race to the Top – Early Learning Challenge2 Application (10/24/12)
- Preschool Development Grant Professional Development Opportunities - Feb - April (1/29/16)
- Preschool Homeless Education Plan for District and ROE Programs (12/15)
Early Childhood Programs
- Birth to Age 3
- Early Childhood Special Education Programs
Early Childhood Special Education programs for children ages three to five are part of the special education continuum as operated by the public schools of Illinois. While the Illinois Department of Human Services is the lead agency for special education services for children ages birth to three, ISBE Early Childhood staff act as liaisons to that program.
Kindergarten Corner includes the Kindergarten Early Learning Standards, Kindergarten Data, Featured Experts, and Kindergarten Resources as part of the comprehensive plan for supporting teachers, administrators and parents of kindergarten children.
Early Childhood Program Contact Lists
- FY 15 Programs for Birth to 3 Years Old (3/15)
- FY 15 Programs for 3 to 5 Year Olds (3/15)
Early Childhood Professional Development
- The Center: Early Childhood Professional Development
Early Childhood professional development opportunities and recommended list of new children's books.
- The Center Library
The Center Library hosts a large collection of early childhood professional materials, and is open to Illinois educators in the early childhood field. Find more information, including how to access online services using the library card, at the library's website.
If you have further questions about Early Childhood services in the State of Illinois, please feel free to contact the Early Childhood Division at 217/524-4835.