Early Childhood Education
Early Intervention (EI) to Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Transition
The Illinois State Board of Education has submitted a State Performance Plan to the United States Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), assuring that all children who have been serviced in Part C and referred to Part B for eligibility determination will have their eligibility determined by their third birthdays and, if found eligible, will have an IEP developed and implemented by their third birthdays.
- ISBE Guidance 10-2 Relating to Transitioning from Early Intervention to Early Childhood Special Education Services when Children Turn Three
- Designing and Implementing Effective Early Childhood Transition Processes
- Overview of IDEA/SPP Early Childhood Transition Requirements
- When I’m 3, Where Will I Be?
- Early Intervention to Early Childhood Transition Frequently Asked Questions (1/22/13)
- Early Intervention to Early Childhood Tracking Form (Updated 9/25/12)
- Statewide Collaborative Transition Training Presentation—PPT Format PDF Format
- Early Intervention to Early Childhood Federal Register Citations
- Extended School Year Services for Students with Disabilities
- Early Intervention to Early Childhood Special Education Transition Memorandum - October 2005
- Child Find Screening, Data Collection Form (10/13)
As the result of Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) must participate in the child find process as primary referral sources.