Employment Information System (EIS)
In 2013, ISBE retired the Teacher Service Record (TSR) data collection system, and replaced it with the Employment Information System (EIS) for district use in reporting data for teachers, administrators, and other employees. Through EIS, not only can data be entered and edited using online screens, but it can also be submitted via batch file. EIS also allows data to be reported continually (no closed periods during a school year) for both licensed and non-licensed employees. Further, EIS incorporates the administrator, teacher, and benefits data that school districts are required to report by October 1 each year, per Sections 10-20.47 and 34-18.38 of the School Code.
In 2015, ISBE plans on introducing new training materials to further integrate EIS with school districts and vendors. In the meantime, frequently-updated information on EIS can be found under “Resources” on the right-side panel. The Resources panel includes:
- Data Elements:Find the specific code you’re looking for in this comprehensive section of the EIS site. You can also see a list of EIS changes and updates, organized by date, to help keep you and your constituents current.
- EIS FAQs: This page is currently under construction, although on the Archived Meetings page you can locate answered questions that were asked in previous webinars.
- Excel Templates: Here, you can locate the Excel templates necessary to do batch uploads in EIS.
- File Format Layouts: This section provides an in-depth explanation of file format layouts for both the text (comma delimited) and XML methods of data uploading.
- Validations: How should the data you enter be formatted? Figure out how each data element should be configured in this section.
- User Manual: This manual introduces the user to the EIS system, providing the instruction to help new and returning users utilize the system effectively.
- Key Dates: Here, find the dates and deadlines specific to data submission in EIS.
- Archived Webinars and Presentations: This section provides a thorough archive of all EIS webinars and presentations, complete with streaming audio, downloadable PowerPoints, and comprehensive question and answer files.
With these tools, we hope you’ll find EIS to be more user-friendly and complete. If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve this website further, please call (217) 782-3950 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.