Innovation & Improvement
Education Grants 101
Are you new to the grant application process? Education Grants 101 will show you how to begin, the meanings of special words and phrases you'll encounter, hints for preparing grant proposals, and reasons why some proposals aren't funded.
- Knowing Where to Begin: Grantseeking and grant writing are time-consuming endeavors that
require concentrated effort, commitment, and persistence.
- Some Common Definitions: If
you're new to grants, here are a few common terms and their meanings.
- Hints for Preparing Grant Proposals: A grant proposal is similar to a personal resumeyou have one
chance to make a good impression and grab someones attention;
this is the only information the reviewers have to judge the capabilities
of your organization.
- Reasons Why Proposals Are Not Funded: Successful grant writing requires concentrated effort and attention
to details. Sometimes it's the "small" things that can
make a huge impact in whether a grant is approved.
- What Should I Know About ED Grants?: (Archived Information) Table of Contents for a handbook on ED Grants.