The Illinois Learning Standards (ILS) define what all students in all Illinois public schools should know and be able to do in the seven core areas as a result of their elementary and secondary schooling.
On June 24, 2010 the Illinois State Board of Education adopted new, more rigorous learning standards for Math and English Language Arts to better prepare students for college and the workforce. Prior to the Board's actions in June the Illinois Learning Standards had not changed since their adoption in 1997.
There will be NO content changes for the 2011 Spring state Assessments
- Copies of ALL Illinois Learning Standards are available for download and printing from the Resources box on the right side of this webpage.
There are no pre-printed copies available for any of the standards.
- New Common Core Standards
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Performance Descriptors and Assessments by Standard
- Evaluation Study of the Illinois Learning Standard
- Introduction to the Illinois Learning Standards
- Introduction to Descriptors and Assessments
- Teacher's Guide to Classroom Assessments
- National Educational Technology Standards — Students (NETS-S)
- National Educational Technology Standards — Administrators (NETS-A)
- Standards Aligned Classroom Information
- Standards Aligned Classroom Lessons (SAC) Lesson Plans developed by teachers on past SAC teams
- Illinois Standards Appendices
- Standards — Questions and Answers
- ILS Reports
- General Interest Resources
- Career Development and Preparation Assessments and Resources
- English Language Learning Proficiency Standards
- Illinois Spanish Language Arts Standards
- Illinois Assessment Frameworks