Equal attention to Learning Supports is essential so that:
- Every student will demonstrate academic achievement and be prepared for success after high school;
- Every student will be supported by highly prepared and effective teachers and school leaders; and
- Every school will offer a safe and healthy learning environment for all students.
School Climate - Institutional Environment
The physical environment includes the school building and the area surrounding it, and conditions such as temperature, noise, lighting and air quality. The physical environment can positively or negatively impact student and teacher attitudes as well as student achievement.Achievement tends to be lower in schools that have:
- substandard facilities;
- higher noise levels;
- poor temperature regulation; and
- poor air quality
- the size of the school;
- placement of desks; and
- displays of student work.