FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR INFORMATION, CALL
June 12, 2000
(217) 782-4648 or (312) 814-3490
Springfield – The Illinois State Board of Education will conduct several meetings this week at the Lodge in Oak Brook.
The Joint Subcommittee of the State board of Ed and State Teacher Certification Board will meet at 2 p.m. June 14 in the Tack Room.
The Board will hold its regular monthly meeting June 15. The agenda is attached. Finally the Board will hold its annual Work Conference June 15-17.
Board Meeting Agenda:
7:30 a.m. Closed Meeting – the Lodge, Parlor 30, Level C
8:30 a.m. Plenary Business Meeting – The Lodge, Prairie C and D, First Floor
· Joint Meeting of Teacher Certification Board and ISBE
1. Certificate Renewal Rules
2. Teacher Content Standards
3. NCATE 2000
4. Teacher Assessment System Timeline
5. LRE Policy
6. Academic Early Warning List Rules
7. ISAC Recommendations
8. Barbour, Griffith and Rogers Contract
Noon Lunch – The Lodge, Dock Terrace
1 p.m. Annual Work Conference begins and continues through June 17