For Immediate Release
Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2008
Illinois State Board of Education announces
FY 2010 Budget Hearing in Chicago
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois State Board of Education announced today that its Finance and Audit Committee will host a Fiscal Year 2010 (FY 2010) Budget Hearing on Tuesday, September 30, 2008, in Chicago. The hearing at the Chicago Urban League is one of several budget hearings ISBE is hosting this fall around the state. The public is invited to attend and those wishing to participate may sign-in upon arrival. Please provide 15 copies of all written testimony to be submitted.
The Finance and Audit Committee FY 2010 Budget Hearing will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than Monday, September 29, 2008. Contact the Superintendent's office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
- Tuesday, October 7, 2008—4 to 6 p.m.—Chicago—Chicago Urban League, 4510 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago
In addition to the hearing in Chicago, the ISBE Finance and Audit committee has already hosted a hearing in Normal and will host additional hearings on the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, October 14, 2008—6 to 8 p.—Macomb—Hancock/McDonough Regional Office of Education, 130 S. LaFayette, Suite 200, Macomb
- Wednesday, October 22, 2008—4 to 6 p.m.—Springfield—Plaza G, Crowne Plaza Hotel, 3000 S. Dirksen Parkway, Springfield
- Monday, October 27, 2008—4 to 6 p.m.—Belleville—St. Clair County Regional Office of Education, 1000 South Illinois Street, Belleville
- Thursday, November 6, 2008—6 to 8 p.m.—Charleston—Eastern Illinois University, Effingham Room, MLK, Jr. University Union, Charleston
- Wednesday, December 3, 2008—6 to 8 p.m.—Wheaton—Learning Center, Briar Glen Elementary, 1800 Briarcliffe Boulevard, Wheaton