Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
States Lead the Effort to Write New Science Standards
Illinois is among the 26 lead states that have worked collaboratively to update science standards, called Next Generation Science Standards, under the guidance of Achieve, Inc.
These internationally-benchmarked standards provide a new vision for K-12 science and engineering education and set the stage for a significant shift in how those subjects may be viewed and taught in Illinois and across the nation.
Click here to read the NGSS Press Release
Click here to view the Standards
Final Draft of the Next Generation Science Standards Released to the Public April 9, 2013!
The final draft of the standards has been released as of April 9, 2013 and we anticipate the Illinois State Board of Education will consider its final version of these new science standards in 2013.
Additional information will be posted soon! Please visit http://www.nextgenscience.org/ for all the latest news.
If you have questions or comments please contact Gil Downey, Principal Consultant, College and Career Readiness Division at 217/782-4620 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NGSS Factsheet for
- NGSS ISBE State Adoption Committee Teacher Application (24-27G)
- Webinar on the NRC Report: A Framework for K-12 Science Education
- MSP Webinar: Developing the next generation science standards (9/11)
- Developing Next Generation Science Standards Fact Sheet
- Illinois Math & Science Partnership
- Next Generation Science Standards FAQs