Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Summer Food Service Program
Webinars • e-Trainings • Workshops
- Here’s the Scoop on the Summer Meals State Wide Plan - Wednesday, April 23, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Sanitation Matters With SFSP - Thursday, May 1, 1-3:30 p.m.
This webinar will cover the specific goals of the Illinois Summer Meals Program for 2014. Identifying partners and responsibilities will be shared in addition to discussing how everyone can contribute to the plan.
This webinar is for ALL sponsors of the program; whether meals are contracted or self-prepared. All SFSP sponsors must follow local health department rules and regulations. There are basic rules that must be followed by ALL sponsors, specific rules for those sponsors who contract meals, definitive rules if meals are prepared on-site, and additional rules if meals are being prepared from a central kitchen and being delivered to a number of sites.
- Administrator Labor Worksheet
- Civil Rights Compliance and Enforcement
- Daily Meal Count Sheet
- Financial Information
- Household Income Application
- Informal Bidding Process
|April 16, 2014||Galesburg||Best Western 300 S. Soangetaha|
|April 30, 2014||Lisle||Hilton, 3003 Corporate West Drive|
|May 14, 2014||Springfield||Illinois Education Association, 3440 Liberty Drive|
The session will cover:
- Application Process
- Civil Rights
- Program Overview
- Participant Eligibility
- Sponsor Eligibility and Requirements
- Site Eligibility
- Meal Services
- Sponsor Responsibilities
- Claim and Reporting Requirements
- Instructions for Completing the Sponsor and Site Applications
- Sanitation Requirements