Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Summer Food Service Program
Everybody Wins with Summer Food!
Sponsoring organizations include:
- Public or private non-profit local education agencies;
- Entities of state, local, municipal, or county government;
- Residential camps; and
- Private nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status.
SFSP 2014 Maximum Reimbursement Rates
Combined (Operating and Administrative)
|Rural or Self-Prep||Other|
An alternative to the SFSP for providing meals to your children in the summer months is the Seamless Summer Option, formerly Seamless Summer Waiver. This program is available to local education agencies that already participate in the National School Lunch (NSLP) and/or School Breakfast Program (SBP). Some school food service authorities feel the Seamless Summer Option better meets their needs and requires less paperwork and monitoring requirements than the SFSP. Click below on Seamless Summer Option for more information. Please remember that schools who offer academic summer school only will not be able to participate in either program unless they open their doors to the community; otherwise, the schools must extend their NSLP/SBP to include these months.
For sponsors who participated in SFSP during summer 2013; please note, there is a NEW online application system (WINS) so do NOT enter any information into ACES or IWAS. We will keep you up-to-date on how this new system will work and when you will be able to submit your summer application.
New sponsor applications will be accepted from March 10, 2014 through June 15, 2014; visit the New Sponsors tab below (blue box). New Sponsors must attend a full-day sponsor training; dates and locations of the workshops are posted on the Workshop Information page.
- 2013 Schools Participating in Summer
- Appeal Procedures (12/13)
- Application for Current Sponsors
Applications for 2014 can be submitted beginning March 10. Workshops for 2014 are posted on the website, please click on Workshop Information below.
- Basic Program Information
- Fact Sheet (2/14)
- Comparison of Seamless Summer and Summer Food Service Program (12/13)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Civil Rights Requirements
- And Justice for All Poster
- Civil Rights Compliance and Enforcement Training SFSP Administrative Staff
- Civil Rights Compliance and Enforcement Training SFSP Frontline Staff
- Summary of Civil Rights Requirements for SFSP (6/13)
- Sample Complaint Form
- Find a Summer Meals Site Location Near You
- Illinois Hunger Coalition Hotline
- No Kid Hungry
- Free and Reduced-Price Eligibility Data
- Invitation for Bid and Contract
- Menu Planning
- Child Nutrition Program Newsletters
- Tidbits for Summer Bulletin
- Regulations and Policies
- Serious Deficiency Process
- Simplified Cost Procedures
- USDA Foods (Commodities)
- Waiver of Congregate Feeding for Outdoor Sites
- Workshop Information