Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Summer Food Service Program
Everybody Wins with Summer Food!
Sponsoring organizations include:
- Public or private non-profit local education agencies;
- Entities of state, local, municipal, or county government;
- Residential camps; and
- Private nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status.
An alternative to the SFSP for providing meals to your children in the summer months is the Seamless Summer Option, formerly Seamless Summer Waiver. This program is available to local education agencies that already participate in the National School Lunch (NSLP) and/or School Breakfast Program (SBP). Some school food service authorities feel the Seamless Summer Option better meets their needs and requires less paperwork and monitoring requirements than the SFSP. Click below on Seamless Summer Option for more information. Please remember that schools who offer academic summer school only will not be able to participate in either program unless they open their doors to the community; otherwise, the schools must extend their NSLP/SBP to include these months.
The new sponsor application period will be opening soon. Visit the New Sponsors tab below (blue box) for program information. New Sponsors must attend a full-day sponsor training; dates and locations of the workshops are posted on the Workshop Information page.
To learn more about the program, please attend one of the Information Sessions. These meetings provide an opportunity to meet staff and ask questions. Anyone interested in being a sponsor, feeding site or helping to promote the program is welcome to attend.
SFSP Public Service Announcements
Combined (Operating and Administrative)
Rural or Self-Prep
- 2014 Schools Participating in Summer
- Appeal Procedures (12/13)
- Application for Current Sponsors- Coming Soon!
- Basic Program Information
- Fact Sheet (3/15)
- Comparison of Seamless Summer and Summer Food Service Program (12/13)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SFSP Informational Video (05:57) (2/15)