The Illinois School Purchasing Network offers all school districts in Illinois access to high-quality products at some of the best available government prices. The network was developed by the State Board to create savings opportunities that help Illinois school districts.
U.S. Communities is a nonprofit purchasing cooperative founded and owned by the National Association of Counties, National League of Cities, U.S. Conference of Mayors, Association of School Business Officials, International and National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP). U.S. Communities is also sponsored in the State of Illinois by the Illinois State Board of Education, Illinois School Business Officials and the Illinois Municipal League. Over 2,500 Illinois public agencies are registered with the program.
School district contracts through the Illinois School Purchasing Network are free, voluntary and non-exclusive, with no spending minimums. Because all of the contracts in the network have been bid by another governmental entity, school districts will avoid the administrative burdens associated with the bidding process while accessing some of the best governmental pricing options available.
Public K-12 Schools and Regional Offices of Education can access multiple suppliers through US Communities.
U.S. Communities is a nonprofit purchasing cooperative founded and owned by the National Association of Counties, National League of Cities, U.S. Conference of Mayors, Association of School Business Officials International and NIGP (National Institute ofGovernmental Purchasing.) We are also sponsored in the State of Illinois by the Illinois State Board of Education, Illinois School Business Officials and the Illinois Municipal League. Over 2500 Illinois public agencies are registered with the program.
Important facts about U.S. Communities:
- There are no costs to participate.
- All contracts have been competitively bid to aggregate the purchasing power of all public agencies across the country and drive efficiencies.
- All contracts are non exclusive and non binding.
- All suppliers on contract guarantee their best overall value is through the U.S. Communities contract.
- Third party audits are performed.
- Benchmarking analysis is provided.
- Oversight is provided by public purchasing professionals.
- All contracts bid by the Advisory Board are public information and posted on the U.S. Communities website at http://www.uscommunities.org.
ISPN Background Information
- School Code Citation 105 ILCS 5/28A 5 (Source: Public Act 93-1036, Effective 9/14/04)
- ISPN Announcement (6/05)
- Letter from State Superintendent (6/05)
- Legal Opinion from ISBE General Counsel (6/05)
U.S. Communities Information
- Register Now
- U.S. Communities Flyer (8/11)
- Competitive Products at Quality Prices (8/11)
- ideallygreen Solutions for your Facility and the Environment (8/11)
- Fisher Science Education – Partnering for your Benefit (8/11)
- CarQuest – Partnering to Provide Automotive and Fleet Solutions (8/11)
- State Agency or Association Purchasing Programs (8/11)
Illinois schools have access to specialized purchasing programs offered by state agencies or associations. The linked file contains a list of programs with descriptions and contact information.
- Examples of Local Purchasing Programs (8/11)
Illinois schools also have access to specialized purchasing programs developed by educational entities. The linked file provides three examples of programs that were created locally to meet a common need. Each organization approached a problem differently and used different resources to create a solution that was tailored to the product and the need.